Do you find yourself tossing and turning at night, struggling to get a good night's sleep? If so, you're not alone. A poor sleeping habits can have negative consequences on your health, productivity and mood. But with a few simple tips, you can get the quality sleep you need in your luxury apartment. Here are five tips to help you sleep better:
1) Stick to routine - Establish a bedtime routine and stick to it as much as possible. This can include anything from reading before bed, taking a bath, or writing down what you are grateful for. A regular bedtime routine will help you to unwind before bed, allowing you to get a better night's sleep.
2) Put the phone away - Avoid using electronic devices screens for an hour before bedtime. The blue light emitted from these devices can disrupt your natural sleep rhythm. This means you're more likely to feel tired during the day.
3) Turn down the thermostat - When you sleep, your body temp drops. According to the National Sleep Foundation, the optimal room temperature for sleep is between 60 and 67 degrees Fahrenheit. So turn down the thermostat and get some extra Zs this season!
4) Use the bed only for sleeping – Don't watch TV or eat in bed. These activities can actually condition your mind to link the bed with things other than sleep. That means you'll find it harder to fall asleep in your luxury apartment.
5) Keep the bedroom dark – Use light-blocking shades or blinds to ensure that your bedroom is as dark as possible. Even the smallest amount of light can disrupt your sleep, so it's best to eliminate it from your room entirely.
Having a well-rested night is important for your health, productivity and mood. But with the hectic pace of today’s world, it can be hard to get that quality sleep you need. Luckily, there are some simple things you can do in order to help improve your sleeping habits at home. We hope this blog post has given you some helpful tips on how to ensure the restful nights' sleep that everyone deserves.
If you’re looking for a rental community that is just minutes from all the amenities of urban living, yet set in a tranquil natural landscape, then NMS West Hills luxury apartments and furnished suites are perfect for you. With our bespoke interiors and gorgeous location, you can enjoy both a comfortable living space and a tranquil sleeping area. Contact us today to learn more about our furnished apartments in the San Fernando Valley.